New Student Registration
All accepted students complete a Registration program before school starts. At registration we will confirm:
- Submission of an official copy of final high school transcript of grades documenting high school graduation from recent high school graduates
- Official documentation of physical and health requirements
- Proof of Health Insurance Coverage
- Valid CPR/AED Certification(s) for the school enrollment period
- Full Payment of the Tuition Deposit ($200.00) and Down Payment ($600.00) regardless of any financial assistance
- Full Payment of All Final Tuition and Fees according to the signed “Enrollment Agreement.” Students who are eligible for financial assistance and have notified the Admissions and Financial Aid Office on the required deadline dates may qualify for a balance adjustment applied to the “Enrollment Agreement.”
- Full Payment for Parking Fee
- Final results from the Criminal Offenders Record Information (C.O.R.I.) check. The initial application report will be completed for submission on Registration Day.
- If there are any additional requirements, incoming students will be formally notified prior to their Registration Day.
- Letter of intent and an official transcript of grades for transfer of credits, if applicable
Physical and Health Requirements (Mandatory Standards)
- Recent physical exam (within the past year)
- For those born after January 1, 1957, serological (blood test) proof of measles, mumps and rubella immunity or documentation of a series of 2 MMRs. For those persons born before 1957, documentation of serological proof of immunity or of 1 MMR required. A report “history of disease” by healthcare provider is not acceptable, must submit proof of vaccine/titre.
- Serological proof of immunity to Chicken Pox or 2 chicken pox vaccines. A reported “history of disease” by your healthcare provider is not acceptable, must submit proof of vaccine/titre.
- Mantoux test (PPD meansured and documented in mm) done within three months of entrance to the program or IGRA-serology (T-SPOT or Quantiferon GOLD). Foreign-born students with a positive PPD reading of greater than 10mm requires documentation of a follow-up chest x-ray report. For USA born students with a positive PPD reading of greater than 15mm requires documentation of a follow-up chest x-ray report within one year prior to admission or a letter from provider stating "no active disease". These recommendations are from the Massachusetts Department of Health.
- Proof of Hepatitis B Immunity – evidence of a completed two or three part of vaccine. Once the series is completed, post vaccination testing (anti-HBs) titre should be done 1-2 months after the last dose of Hepatitis B vaccine. The actual laboratory report indicating a titre of at least 10mlU/ml is required or letter from provider indicating immunity.
- Tetanus-diphtheria (TDap) immunization within the past ten (10) years.
- Proof of all titre results must be submitted on an official laboratory report or documentation indicating immune status supported by numeric values or signed confirmation by healthcare provider.
- Mandatory Annual Flu Vaccine proof dated no later than November 1, 2021.
- Students below age twenty-one (21) upon admission must submit proof of meningitis vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccination, as required by our clinical facilities.
- All mandatory health regulation documentation must be submitted no later than Registration Day, otherwise, the student will not be able to attend classes.
All Practical Nursing students are required to have a valid certificate in CPR/AED during the school enrollment period that includes adult, child, and infant CPR, and AED.
All students will be required to have a Criminal Offenders Record Information (C.O.R.I.) check done through Blue Hills Regional Technical School. The results of the C.O.R.I. check must meet the Board of Registration in Nursing “good moral character” requirement. See “Good Moral Character Licensure Requirement Information Sheet” by clicking here.
Students receiving C.O.R.I. check results documenting conduct and criminal convictions that will result in mandatory permanent exclusion from initial nurse licensure in Massachusetts (Table 1 – “Good Moral Character Licensure Requirement Information Sheet”) will not be accepted for clinical experience at affiliated health agencies.
Students so barred from clinical affiliation sites will not be able to meet clinical course objectives resulting in clinical failure and dismissal from the program and forfeiture of all tuition and fees.
In addition to the information above, students will also be required to:
- Wear a photo ID badge, provided by the school, at all times on campus.
- Sign policy forms, including but not limited to:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Publicity Consent Form
- Attendance Policy
- No Smoking Policy
- Order clinical uniforms, as available